How good customers work with good companiesLearn More
Customer Commons’ mission is to give all the world’s customers full power when dealing with business—for the good of both.
It will do that in eight ways:
- By serving as a source repository of customers’ own terms and privacy policies, from which they can be sourced and cited, much as Creative Commons serves the same purpose for artists’ copyright licenses.
- By maintaining an un-store for apps that run on free and open hardware.
- By tellling stories about how customers and companies work together, through podcasts and other media.
- Through CustomerCons—events where customers host the companies they care about—starting online, but eventually in the physical world as well.
- Through as many commons as there are companies willing to be helped by their customers.
- By fostering solutions to business problems only customers can solve, and that work at scale from the customers’ side.
- By building a worldwide membership association representing all the world’s customers.
- By working collaboratively with other .orgs with adjacent missions, starting with MyData and the Me2B Alliance.
The first of those is already underway. See our Terms section. The rest await funding.